Have you ever considered being a farmer and growing vegetables organically? Then we would love to talk to you, because we are now taking interns for the first time.
Somerset Heritage Produce is a successful example of a medium sized organic market garden, 4.6 acres to be exact (we actually like to call it a farm). We supply lots of Melbourne’s top restaurants, visit farmers markets and even have a farm gate stall for the locals. We want to empower more people to grow vegetables and fruit. That is why we are starting to take interns. Our goal is to teach people how to run all aspects of a farm over a one-year period.
Skills you will learn:
- How to grow over 200 varieties if fruit and vegetables organically. From field to plate.
- How to prepare and sell produce for farmers markets, restaurants and box schemes.
- How to drive a tractor and other fun farm machinery.
- Crop rotation and intensive growing techniques.
- Farmer self-care and healthy eating.
- Chemical free gardening
- Healthy soil husbandry.
What you will get:
- A stipend for travel expenses.
- Free yummy food.
- Accommodation if necessary.
- Opportunities for paid overtime and future employment.
- Manual drivers license.
- To be good with people.
Please fill in the form below and we will be in touch. Thanks, Farmer Robbie and the team.